The Muskoka Law Association is an Ontario non-profit corporation incorporated on October 24, 1958. Originally founded at the initiative of a small group of lawyers in the District Municipality of Muskoka, the broad purpose of the Muskoka Law Association has always been to promote public interest in, and assist with, the administration of justice throughout the District. The Muskoka Law Association has grown to 63 lawyers practicing in various areas of the law in Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Honey Harbour, Huntsville, Port Carling, and Port Sydney, Ontario.
Much of the Association’s current activities centre around providing Continuing Legal Education programs for all of its members, while maintaining an extensive legal publications collection in the Association Library, which is located in the Courthouse at Bracebridge, Ontario. The Association remains committed to creating greater interaction between members of the public and the legal profession to protect the principles important to each individual in a free and democratic society, while at the same time protecting and respecting the dignity of every individual in a manner which is compatible with the integrity and independence of the profession.